August 4, 2010

Day 5- The day the rain relented

In preparation for the trip I created certain strategies for surviving the trip. I would drive around in the car with the windows rolled up while it was a nice day out and say "It will be hotter on Caravan I need to acclimate myself now" or running around on Sunday playing ultimate frisbee with the students I would think, "I am going to be working myself a lot harder on Caravan". However it has been surprisingly cool and it's been raining! I didn't know that it rained in Arizona. It has set things back a bit on the work-sites but we are working like the busy giant carpenter ants that litter the ground. Every work-site is different but we are all getting a lot of things done around the reservation. Framing houses, pouring cement, and painting there is always more work to be done and there is always a willing student to do it.

This Caravan has a great feel to it, people are excited to work and the community is growing together rapidly. The Caravan focus on passion has been something that the students have been able to connect to. It's almost like all of the prayer and discernment for Caravan was helpful (who knew). Thank you for all the prayer and well wishes. It's going well, almost to well pray that it continues, please.



Hugs and kisses,
Alan

2 comments: